KENYA 360

The Kenyans Voice Outlet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ChatChat  

Share | 

President pays tribute to the late Ex-Senior Chief Mukira

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wceke

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: President pays tribute to the late Ex-Senior Chief Mukira   Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:30 am

Written By:PPS , Posted: Wed, Mar 12, 2008

President Mwai Kibaki Wednesday paid glowing tribute to the person who first influenced him into making a decision to serve Kenyans as a member of parliament in Nairobi for ten years.
Speaking at ACK St. Andrews Church, Kagongo in Othaya, Nyeri South District during the funeral service of the late Ex-senior Chief Moses Mukira Gachugi, President Kibaki said the late Mukira and other Othaya elders later convinced him to relocate his political base to Othaya.
He recalled that the late Mukira visited him at Makerere University and encouraged him to leave his teaching job and come back home to serve Kenyans as a Member of Parliament.
"The late Mukira visited me at Makerere University and told me that because I was educated, I should come back home to serve Kenyans as a Member of Parliament," President Kibaki recalled.
President Kibaki described the late Ex-Senior Chief Mukira as a development-conscious person who also valued education as the best tool in development.
As a testimony of the late Mukira's commitment to the promotion of education in the country, the President noted that the late Ex-Senior Chief was instrumental in the establishment of several new secondary schools in the district among other development projects.
President Kibaki advised the young generation to emulate the late Mukira's legacy and asked his children to carry on with the projects the late Ex-Senior chief had initiated.
Noting that the country had now overcome the post election challenges, President Kibaki encouraged those affected by the post election violence to resettle back on their farms.
The Head of State, once again, called on Kenyans to unite in developing the country.
Stressing the importance of education in development, President Kibaki urged wananchi to join hands and support the Government's effort in ensuring that the provision of free education both at primary and secondary school levels is successful.
He appealed to Kenyans to forgive each other and live together peacefully.
The late Mukira, who is survived by two widows, 18 children, several grandchildren and great grandchildren, was laid to rest at his Othaya home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Page 1 of 1